Saturday, June 14, 2008

Windows XP End of Life on June 30, 2008


Microsoft has announced that some of its windows product will endure end of life per June 30,2008. Among those products that will be EOL-ed are :

  1. Windows XP Professional
  2. Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
  3. Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
  4. Windows XP Home Edition
  5. Windows XP Media Center Edition
Windows XP has been known as the most fragile windows in terms of security (well speaking of numerous trojan and virus attacking this platform at every seconds, what can I say....). And it has been hampered by slow booting time if your pc has too many programs installed and run at startup. But, we cannot deny the fact that Windows XP is really a breakthrough jump from previous Windows 98SE. There are features in XP that're really helpful. And Windows XP can be considered lightweight if we compare it with Windows Vista products.

This movement is seemed done by Microsoft for pushing sales of its Windows Vista products since even Microsoft has obliged every system builder to incorporate Windows Vista for bundling with their hardware, many customer decide to downgrade to Windows XP later on because of performance issues. Windows Vista is really good in terms of advanced GUI. I really like the potential of having Aero in my pc but for most of us which use computer or notebook for business, the most important thing is ease of use. And we have used Windows XP for years, making us slightly hesitate to move to Windows Vista platform, haven't we?

For me personally, this is really a bad news since I have already used to windows xp GUI. I think at the end of the month, I will grab one of this oem license for my future HTPC since I have already buy a sound card which only has official windows XP driver. Time to to dig my savings :P....

No comments: